Having seen the “Year in Status Update” app on the facebooks, I got to thinking. And what that thinking thunked was this sampling of the best character breakdowns I auditioned for in 2010. I’m sure something can be learnt from this. This is either an advertisement or self-flagellation. Either way, it’s a great living.
· Should be great with subtle comedy. OPen to looks from normal to Charactery/gangly/quirky/nerdy.
· Caucasian Male, 25-35 years old, real with character to very character..everyman,sensitive,lovable,intelligent but a slightly clueless ADHD archetype. From Luke Wilson to John Krasinski.
· Average everyday engineer types.
· Interesting faces, expressive, a quiet nature. Strong actors. Must be comfortable with handling animals (an elk).
· Slightly more studious type with a quirky vibe. May wear glasses. Hair could be thinning.
· is a bit of a neat freak, not to mention a perfectionist. He is super eager and enthusiastic about his job at ---- (maybe sometimes too much so...)
Sometimes he takes himself a little too seriously and tries a little too hard.
· Awkward, unique, weird, bizarre, distinct, memorable face and physical characteristics. No lines. It's all about the look.
(he's the guy we've caught stealing leftovers from the office fridge).
· ICONIC ROLE. (Think: Geico Caveman, Sprint Spokesman, etc.) Talent must be supremely confident and likable at the same time. He must have a BIG personality, and he has to be FEARLESS. He should have STAR QUALITY and of course, he should be very FUNNY. COMIC actor with the dexterity and the versatility of a "character actor". He should have the magnetism of a star, brimming with self-confidence, but never off-putting. This could be a star-making turn for the right actor. THINK: Will Ferrell, but it's essential that this not become the "the guy trying to impersonate Will Ferrell". Classic iconic television SPOKESPERSON. Wardrobe: Business attire and EXTREME weather gear with Furry Hat, as one would wear while WOOD CHOPPING
· We’re looking for a character who can suffer all sorts of indignities and humiliation with calm and poise. He’s a bit of a dreamer, but also completely pragmatic in how he goes about attaining his dreams.
· He's FUNNY!! Someone that is distinctive and full of character, definitely in personality but also in look. NOT good looking American guys but more British. Stand out appeal, memorable characters. Definitely quirky and off beat. He's NOT bland! NO Squared jaws. NO models
· They are orderlies in a mental institution who look like they have lived outside of mainstream society for a while. They're kind of outcasts, like petri dish researchers. They have outdated fashion senses, bad haircuts, and complexions that show they possibly have a vitamin D deficiency. We're looking for a complimentary pair, so interesting character and body types are welcome.
· Needs to be able to sell a moment/quirkiness with a minor expression, that is NOT I REPEAT NOT over the top. [BOOKED THIS ONE]
· a sort of inquisitive yet affable Paul Rudd-type, must be the definition of restraint,tempering his obvious frustration so as to not make a scene (because nobody wants to be the crazy guy yelling at the counter about value meals). He's still your everyman that we can identify with who all of a sudden finds himself in a very awkward 'Larry David-type' situation.
· he needs to stick out, whether he's super tall, or small, or weird, or just super funny... something different about this guy.
· old worlde faces - pissed off sick of the war
· Not Overweight. SKINNY..We are looking for very very thin white legs....He may work at Kinko's..night shift..HE MUST HOP ON ONE LEG
· Likeable and real. [BOOKED THIS ONE]
· REAL TO SLIGHT CHARACTER LOOKING, INTERESTING FACE. A BIT OF A KUNCKLEHEAD...SOME PEOPLE WOULD CALL HIM 'SLOW'. HE THINKS DUMB STUNTS ARE A GOOD IDEA. GOOD ACTOR, GOOD SUBTLE FACIAL REACTIONS. [BOOKED THE HELL OUT OF THIS ONE]
· real with character to very character....He looks conservative and turns into Mr. & Mrs Smith.
· He looks tired worn out and sick A regular guy who looks, unremarkable aside from possessing a sort of "Victim in waiting" quality while going about his daily business!! Early 30's, Any Ethnicity; slightly nerdy, IT guy.
· AVERAGE TO NICE LOOKING "ENGINEER" TYPE. SHOULD LOOK INTELLIGENT & SCHOLARLY. A TOUCH NERDY IS OK.
· A bit off, quirky. Dwight from The Office. Mr. Know It All. Never worked anywhere else. Creed is another Office reference that would work well. He's a character.
· All Ethnicity Male, 28-44 years old, Real with character to very very character...Quirky, oddball,Great Comedy person..All shapes and sizes
· A likeable lanky, loveable slightly goofy mid 30's guy in a business suit. Think a younger Greg Kinnear type or maybe Ross from Friends, unlucky in love and hoping to find "the one".
· Guy in his mid 20's who is a super lanky, skinny, stringbeany. Should be a good comedic actor. He is looking in the mirror, flexing his muscles, trying to look beefy, but he is so skinny it's just not working. He will have to eat a burger.
· think 50's b movie scientist
· This guy should have great comedy chops, interesting facial expressions, expressive eyes. He can be a bit wimpy looking. Not too good looking or odd looking either.
· Interesting, Weird Magician type guys.
· Unique, intelligent face. BOBBY FISCHER, (ACTUAL CHESS CHAMPION), is the correct reference here. EASTERN EUROPEAN / SLAVIC / RUSSIAN looking. Angular, classic features, with some element that is almost 'romanesque', (as in how Fischer had a very distinctive nose, with full, cherub-like lips.) Intense gaze. & PRESENCE.
· **NEED SOME ONE MORE SLIGHT IN STATURE SO THE BEAUTIFUL GIRL LOOKS MORE UNATTAINABLE. SHOULD NOT GOOFY CHARACTER.GOOD COMEDY REACTIONS DON'T SUBMIT ANYONE YOU SUBMITTED IN THE OTHER NERDY PART. KEEP THEM SLIGHT IN BUILD.Wardrobe:MUST DRESS AND LOOK LIKE A NERD/GEEK - SLICKED HAIR, DARK RIMED GLASSES, PENS IN POCKET- IT'S A 5 SECOND SHOT SO THEIR LOOK HAS TO READ INSTANTLY. […..YEAH. BOOKED THE TARNATION OUTTA THIS ONE.]
· Outdoor fisherman-type of guy. Masculine.
· Interesting faces. Friendly, but seems serious. Average looking, guy next door type. Must be great with cats and not have cat allergies.
· A little timid, doesn’t always speak up for himself and often nervous in social setting. Is typically the butt of his friend’s jokes, but is well liked. He is generally the guy that if something bad or unlucky is going to happen, it happens to him. Think Michael Cera.
· There's a sparkle in his eye and something unusual in his pocket.
· 20s, a creepy weirdo preoccupied with death, in particular, the Boston Strangler slayings. He has made his apartment a shrine to the Boston Strangler, and becomes a chief suspect in the recent murders. Brought in for questioning, -----, creepily, offers to confess if the cops just let him loose in the morgue...1 speech & 1 line, 2 scenes
· A quirky/charactery looking guy in his late 20s to late 30s, he's listed as number one on -------'s "20 Most Bangable Bachelors" list, so ------ stakes him out and has sex with him to find out what makes him so fantastic in bed...Nice costar